How much wine is there left in the bottle or glass?
What is the volume of water in the fish tank?
How much chemical is there in the test tube?
This apps allows the determination of volumes left over in round bottomed or cylindrical containers.
Using advanced image processing methods and in-built calculation methods coupled with pixel detection, this apps gives quantifiable volume left in transparent containers.
Images can be loaded from gallery or directly from the camera, making it very convenient. Best images are those generated through scanners, but will function with well taken photos from the mobile cameras.
Photos should be taken on a direct plane with the meniscus.
Features of this app includes:
1) Estimation of volume up to 2 decimal places.
2) Simple customization drawing
3) Simple and button based user interface.
4) Simple user-defined boundary box.
5) Compatibility with screenshot functions of analyzed images
6) Simple direct access to Image gallery for images.
Benefits of using this app for publications
1) Brings greater accuracy to your volume/lab test tube instead of relying on eye ball approximations.
2) Value adds to publications and reports.
3) Useful teaching tool to science students.
4) Streamlined analysis, reducing human error and subjectivity – you can now trust the values reported by trainees and less experienced staff!
5) On the go analysis with the smartphone/tablet.
6) The app is self-contained, no internet access needed.
Userguide available as pdf at https://www.dropbox.com/s/qulza4v1y7omexm/Volumetric%20User%20Guide%201Ed.pdf?dl=0
Android 6 users can get images from local “Image” gallery. Earlier Android version users will have support to DropBox. This is due to changes in Android 6, and is beyond our control.
To cite, please use:
Budianto, I.T.K., Gan, S.K.E. (2016) APD Volumetric App v1.0.[Mobile Application Software]. Retrieved from https://play.google.com
This app is a personal endeavor of Mr Budianto and Dr Gan.