The official app of Country Walking.
Enjoy access to the best walking routes in Britain, along with independent outdoor gear reviews, in-depth features, amusing outdoor stories, award-winning photography and more!
Features we love:
– Read the magazine in full, as soon as it arrives in shops.
– 27 route cards each month, featuring freshly-researched walks for you
– Home of #Walk1000Miles, the annual walking challenge for everyone!
– Search to see everything written about your next destination or gear you need
– Bookmark your favourite articles for later.
Country Walking is Britain's best-selling walking magazine, and home of #Walk1000Miles! Whether it's a trip to the Lake District or a simple wander in your local woods, Country Walking helps you discover Britain on foot, with trusted reviews of all the gear you need. We show you the views, the hidden gems, the sea cliffs and the mountain summits.
Every issue of Country Walking magazine delivers:
– Amazing walks with trusted Ordnance Survey maps
– Exclusive columns by Stuart Maconie (Radio star and lifelong walker) and special guest columnists every issue
– Celeb interviews (Julia Bradbury, Clare Balding, David Dimbleby)
– The best consumer advice on walking boots, clothing and outdoor kit
– Amazing photography capturing the UK’s most spectacular landscapes
– In-depth features & outdoor adventures from the UK’s best writers
– Your stories & pictures
In-depth stories of amazing walks you’ll want to discover for yourself, from the Cornish coast to the Scottish Highlands via the Lake District, Peak District, Yorkshire Dales and Brecon Beacons – and every county in between.
BRITAIN’S BEST WALKS
With step-by-step instructions. There’s one near you! Search or browse the back catalogue of our issues for even more routes.
Information to plan your every walk: hotels, pubs, cafes, tearooms, local food and drink and visitor attractions.
GEAR KIT REVIEWS
Clear, jargon-free tests of walking kit, including boots, waterproofs, rucksacks, jackets, GPS and much more.
Our readers are part of the team. Every issue our readers tell their walking stories, help us devise new walks and shape the places we go to.
PLEASE NOTE: This app is more reliable in OS 5-11.
The app may not work well with any Android operating system from OS 4 or before. Anything from Lollipop onwards is good.
Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
Your Google Wallet account will automatically be charged at the same price for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same period length, unless you change your subscriptions preferences in your settings. You can manage your subscription through your account settings after purchase, though no cancellation of the current subscription will be allowed during an active subscription period.