The rules of humanitarian law applicable to the protection and assistance of victims of conflicts and crisis, featuring:
– Reader-friendly alphabetical entries
– Retrievable online and offline
– A search function
– An index of relevant conventions and ratifications
– Regularly updated entries
– Availability in English, French, Russian and Arabic.
This App, published by Françoise Bouchet-Saulnier (MSF Legal Director) and Médecins Sans Frontières is written from the perspective of victims and those who provide assistance to them. It analyzes how international humanitarian law has evolved in the face of new challenges to international peace and security related to the war on terror, new forms of armed conflict and humanitarian action, the emergence of international criminal justice, and the reshaping of fundamental rules in a multipolar world.