Are you a student looking to take advantage of LinkedIn Premium’s extra features but find the cost too high? Look no further! In this article, we will show you how to get LinkedIn Premium for free as a student, allowing you to enhance your job search and networking capabilities without breaking the bank.
With LinkedIn Premium, you can gain access to valuable tools such as advanced search filters, unlimited InMail messages, and the ability to see who has viewed your profile. By following our guide, you’ll be able to unlock these features and more, giving you a competitive edge in the job market. So, let’s dive in and discover how to get LinkedIn Premium for free as a student!
- Create a LinkedIn account using your student email address.
- Fill out your profile completely with all your academic and work achievements.
- Join LinkedIn groups related to your field of study or career interest.
- Check if your university has a partnership with LinkedIn for free premium access.
- If not, reach out to LinkedIn customer support and inquire about student discounts or free trials.
How to Get LinkedIn Premium for Free for Students?
Are you a student looking to make the most of LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional networking platform? Do you want to access premium features on LinkedIn without shelling out any money? You’re in luck! In this article, we’ll show you how to get LinkedIn Premium for free as a student.
Step 1: Sign up for a LinkedIn account and complete your profile
To get started, head to LinkedIn’s website and sign up for a free account. Make sure to complete your profile by including your education, work experience, skills, and other relevant information. A complete and professional-looking profile will increase your chances of being approved for LinkedIn Premium for free.
Once your profile is complete, you can start exploring LinkedIn’s features and building your network. Connect with classmates, professors, and professionals in your field of interest to expand your network and gain valuable insights.
Step 2: Apply for LinkedIn’s Student Premium
LinkedIn offers a special Premium subscription for students, which includes access to features such as InMail messaging, LinkedIn Learning courses, and insights into who’s viewed your profile. To apply for LinkedIn Student Premium, follow these steps:
1. Go to LinkedIn’s Student Premium page
2. Click on “Join now”
3. Log in to your LinkedIn account
4. Verify your student status by providing your school email address or uploading a document that proves your enrollment
5. Wait for LinkedIn to review your application
It may take a few days for LinkedIn to review your application and approve your Student Premium subscription. Once you’re approved, you’ll have access to all the premium features on LinkedIn for free.
Step 3: Make the most of your LinkedIn Premium subscription
Now that you have access to LinkedIn Premium for free, it’s time to make the most of it. Here are some tips on how to use LinkedIn Premium to boost your career and network:
1. Use InMail messaging to reach out to professionals in your field and ask for advice or mentorship
2. Take advantage of LinkedIn Learning courses to develop new skills and enhance your resume
3. Use the “Who’s viewed your profile” feature to see who’s interested in your profile and reach out to potential employers or connections
4. Join LinkedIn Groups related to your field of interest to network with like-minded professionals and stay up-to-date with industry news and trends
Benefits of LinkedIn Premium for Students
There are several benefits of using LinkedIn Premium as a student, including:
1. Access to valuable career insights and data
2. Ability to send InMail messages to professionals and recruiters
3. Access to LinkedIn Learning courses to enhance your skills and knowledge
4. Increased visibility and exposure on LinkedIn
LinkedIn Premium vs. LinkedIn Basic
While LinkedIn Basic is free and provides access to most of LinkedIn’s features, LinkedIn Premium offers additional benefits that can help you stand out in a competitive job market. Here are some of the key differences between LinkedIn Basic and LinkedIn Premium:
1. InMail messaging: With LinkedIn Premium, you can send InMail messages to anyone on LinkedIn, even if you’re not connected with them. This can be a powerful tool for networking and job searching.
2. LinkedIn Learning: LinkedIn Premium gives you access to thousands of courses on LinkedIn Learning, which can help you develop new skills and enhance your resume.
3. Who’s viewed your profile: With LinkedIn Premium, you can see who’s viewed your profile and get insights into their background and interests. This can help you identify potential job opportunities or connections.
4. Career insights: LinkedIn Premium provides access to data and insights on job postings, salaries, and companies. This can help you make informed decisions about your career and job search.
In conclusion, getting LinkedIn Premium for free as a student is a great way to take advantage of all the benefits that LinkedIn has to offer. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can apply for LinkedIn’s Student Premium and start using all the premium features on LinkedIn for free. So what are you waiting for? Start building your professional network and boosting your career with LinkedIn Premium today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible for students to get LinkedIn Premium for free?
Yes, LinkedIn does offer a free one-year Premium subscription to students! To be eligible, you must be currently enrolled in a college or university and have a valid school email address that ends in .edu. Simply go to the LinkedIn for Students page and click on the “Get your free 1-year Premium Career subscription” button to start the process.
However, keep in mind that this offer is only available once per student, and you will need to provide proof of enrollment in order to qualify. After your free year is up, you will have the option to continue your subscription at a discounted student rate.
What are the benefits of having a LinkedIn Premium account?
A LinkedIn Premium account offers a range of benefits that can help you stand out on the platform and advance your career. These include:
– InMail messages: You can send direct messages to people outside of your network without needing an introduction.
– Profile views: You can see who has viewed your profile in the last 90 days and get insights into how to improve it.
– Job insights: You can access data on job postings, salaries, and company insights to help you make more informed career decisions.
– Learning courses: You can access LinkedIn Learning, which offers thousands of online courses to help you develop new skills and further your education.
What is the difference between LinkedIn Premium Career and LinkedIn Premium Business?
LinkedIn Premium Career is designed for individuals who are looking to advance their careers and find new job opportunities. It includes features such as InMail messages, profile views, and job insights, as well as access to LinkedIn Learning.
LinkedIn Premium Business, on the other hand, is geared towards businesses and organizations that want to grow their brand on the platform. It includes features such as lead recommendations, advanced search filters, and access to company insights.
What happens after my free year of LinkedIn Premium expires?
After your free year of LinkedIn Premium expires, you will have the option to continue your subscription at a discounted student rate. The exact cost will depend on your location and the type of subscription you choose, but it is typically significantly lower than the regular price.
If you choose not to continue your subscription, your account will revert back to a free Basic account. You will still be able to access most of the features on LinkedIn, but you will lose access to the Premium-only features.
Can I cancel my LinkedIn Premium subscription at any time?
Yes, you can cancel your LinkedIn Premium subscription at any time. Simply go to your account settings and click on the “Manage Premium account” button. From there, you can choose to cancel your subscription or downgrade to a free Basic account. Keep in mind that LinkedIn does not offer refunds for any unused portion of your subscription.
In conclusion, getting LinkedIn Premium for free as a student is possible and can offer many benefits. By using your school email address, you can take advantage of the LinkedIn Premium Student Plan and enjoy features such as InMail and access to LinkedIn Learning. It’s also worth exploring other ways to get LinkedIn Premium for free, such as free trials or through partnerships with your school or employer.
However, it’s important to remember that LinkedIn Premium is not a requirement for success on the platform. By optimizing your profile, networking effectively, and engaging with others, you can still make the most of your LinkedIn experience without paying for a Premium subscription. Ultimately, the key to success on LinkedIn is to be proactive, genuine, and persistent in your efforts to connect and build your professional brand.