Tired of getting the message “You have one missed call from +1234567890” and not knowing to whom this phone number belongs?
Or getting a text saying “You have a new voice mail from +1234567890” and not knowing who left the message?
Is it too annoying to copy the unknown caller’s phone number to the clipboard and search for it in your Contacts app?
With Number Identification, you can now easily find out to whom any telephone number belongs! Simply click on the number, choose “Number Identification” and you will instantly see who the caller is!
*** Remarks: ***
– If you don’t get the option to open Number Identification after clicking on a number (a different app is opened), then you may need to reset the default app. Number Identification has a Troubleshooting Wizard that can help you here.
– You can click on telephone numbers in many different apps and we will show you the number’s owner. However, if you don’t want Number Identification to work for a certain app, simply select a different app after clicking the number, and choose “Always”. The next time, the app selection dialog will not appear.
– Clicking on a number only works if the number is underlined (refer to screenshot). This depends on the app that is displaying the number.
– On some devices, the manufacturer replaces the original Android SMS Messaging application with his own proprietary SMS application. Some of these proprietary SMS applications do not allow us to identify a number. In this case, you can use alternative SMS applications like Hangouts or Handcent SMS.
– Number Identification will only work for numbers that you have saved in your address book. We do not search any online telephone books.