Have you ever wondered what those little ghost icons mean on Snapchat? You’re not alone! Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media platforms, and with its unique features, it can be confusing for new users.
The ghosts on Snapchat represent your Snapstreaks, which are basically a measure of how many consecutive days you and a friend have been sending each other snaps. But that’s not all there is to it. In this article, we’ll dive deeper into what these ghosts mean and how they work. So, let’s get started!
What Do the Ghosts Mean on Snapchat?
Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms, and it has a unique feature that many users may not understand: the ghosts. These ghosts can appear next to a user’s name or on a snap, and they each have a specific meaning. In this article, we will explain what the ghosts mean on Snapchat and how to interpret them.
Ghost Emoji Meanings
The ghost emoji is one of the most commonly used emojis on Snapchat. It can appear next to a user’s name, and it has different meanings depending on the color of the ghost. Here are the different ghost emoji meanings:
- Yellow ghost: A yellow ghost means that you and the user are best friends. This means that you both frequently send snaps to each other.
- White ghost: A white ghost means that the user is a new friend. You have recently added them to your friend list, and you haven’t interacted with them much.
- Red ghost: A red ghost means that you and the user have been best friends for two weeks. This means that you have both been sending snaps to each other frequently for at least two weeks.
- Purple ghost: A purple ghost means that you and the user have been best friends for two months. This means that you have both been sending snaps to each other frequently for at least two months.
If you see a ghost emoji next to a user’s name, you can easily determine how close you are to that user based on the color of the ghost.
Ghost on a Snap
In addition to appearing next to a user’s name, a ghost can also appear on a snap. Here are the different types of ghost snaps:
- Blue ghost: A blue ghost means that the snap you sent has not been opened yet. This means that the user has not viewed the snap.
- Grey ghost: A grey ghost means that the snap you sent has been opened.
- Purple ghost: A purple ghost means that the snap you sent includes audio. This means that the user needs to turn on the volume to hear the audio.
- Red ghost: A red ghost means that the snap you sent has been deleted by Snapchat. This means that the snap may have violated Snapchat’s terms of service.
If you send a snap with a ghost on it, you can easily determine if the snap has been opened and if it includes audio.
Benefits of the Ghosts on Snapchat
The ghosts on Snapchat can provide several benefits for users. For example:
- The ghosts can help users determine how close they are to their friends on Snapchat.
- The ghosts can help users track their snap streaks with their best friends.
- The ghosts on snaps can provide users with feedback on whether their snaps have been viewed or not.
Overall, the ghosts on Snapchat can help users better understand their relationships with their friends on the platform and provide valuable feedback on their snaps.
Ghost Vs Other Emojis
There are several other emojis that can appear on Snapchat, and they each have their own meanings. Here are some examples:
- Heart emoji: The heart emoji means that you and the user are each other’s best friend. This means that you both frequently send snaps to each other.
- Hourglass emoji: The hourglass emoji means that your snap streak with the user is about to end. This means that you need to send a snap to the user soon to keep the streak going.
- Fire emoji: The fire emoji means that you and the user have a snap streak. This means that you both have been sending snaps to each other frequently for several days.
While the ghosts on Snapchat provide information on your relationship with your friends, other emojis can provide additional information on your snap streaks and other interactions with users.
In conclusion, the ghosts on Snapchat can provide valuable information on your relationships with your friends and provide feedback on your snaps. By understanding the different ghost emoji meanings and the different types of ghost snaps, you can better understand the platform and your relationships with other users.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a Snapchat user, you may have noticed the appearance of ghosts on your profile. These ghosts have different meanings, and it’s essential to understand what they mean to use Snapchat effectively. Below are some frequently asked questions about Snapchat ghosts.
What is a Snapchat Ghost?
A Snapchat Ghost is an icon that appears beside a Snapchat user’s username on their profile. The icon is a ghost outline with different colors that indicate different things. The ghost is not a badge of achievement, but it does provide important information about the user.
Understanding what the different ghosts mean is essential, as it can help you identify the type of user you’re interacting with on the platform. It also helps you understand the level of interaction you can have with the user.
What Does the Solid Yellow Ghost Mean?
The solid yellow ghost means that the user is a new Snapchat user. The ghost will appear on their profile for a few days, after which it will disappear. The solid yellow ghost indicates that the user is still getting familiar with the app and may not be experienced in using it.
If you’re interacting with a user with a solid yellow ghost, it’s important to be patient and provide guidance on how to use the app effectively. You can also offer to help with any questions they may have.
What Does the Solid Blue Ghost Mean?
The solid blue ghost means that the user has been added as a friend but has not added you back. The solid blue ghost can be a bit frustrating, especially if you’re trying to communicate with the user. However, it’s important to respect the user’s decision not to add you back.
If you’re trying to get the user’s attention, you can send them a snap or message to remind them that you’re waiting for them to add you back. However, if they still don’t add you back, it’s best to move on and focus on building relationships with other users.
What Does the Outlined Blue Ghost Mean?
The outlined blue ghost means that the user and you are mutual friends. This means that you’ve added each other as friends on Snapchat. The outlined blue ghost indicates that the user is open to communication and is interested in building a relationship with you.
If you have an outlined blue ghost on your profile, it’s important to maintain the relationship by sending snaps and messages regularly. This will help you build a strong connection and keep the relationship active.
What Does the Gold Star Mean?
The gold star is not a ghost, but it’s worth mentioning as it’s an important icon on Snapchat. The gold star means that the user has replayed your snap. This indicates that the user is interested in your content and finds it valuable.
If you have a gold star on your snap, it’s important to maintain the quality of your content and continue to provide value to your followers. This will help you build a loyal following and establish yourself as a valuable Snapchat influencer.
In conclusion, the ghosts on Snapchat are not just there for decoration or fun. They actually serve a purpose in indicating the level of engagement between you and your friends. The more you interact with someone, the higher the level of their ghost will be. It’s a fun way to keep track of your friendships and to see who your closest friends are.
Furthermore, the different colors of the ghosts also add an element of mystery and excitement to the app. It’s always interesting to see what color your friends’ ghosts are and to try to decipher what it means about your relationship with them. It’s an aspect of Snapchat that keeps users engaged and coming back for more.
Overall, the ghosts on Snapchat may seem like a small detail, but they actually play a significant role in the app’s user experience. They provide a fun and interactive way to keep track of your friendships and add an element of mystery and excitement to the platform. So next time you see a ghost on Snapchat, remember that it’s not just a cute little icon, but it represents something more meaningful.