The Yo-Yo Intermittent Test evaluates one's stamina using a profile similar to sports like soccer, basketball and other similar "stop-and-go" vigorous sports.
This app will allow you to conduct the following:
* The Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Test, Level 1 and Level 2
* The Yo-Yo Intermittent Endurance Test, Level 1 and Level 2
as defined by Jens Bangsbo of Copenhagen University (December 1994)
– prompt you with voice cues or ringtones that you select
– display seconds to shuttle halfway point
– display seconds to next speed level
– display seconds during recovery
– display distance covered (incl. shuttles) and time elapsed
When you are done, the app will provide you with
– the Level reached
– total distance run
Note: A rough estimate of VO2Max will be provided for Recovery Level 1 only, provided at least 1000m (level 15.6) has been run.
This app will NOT allow you to directly save your results (the Pro version will); you could take a screenshot (power + lower volume buttons simultaneously).
Reference: Fitness Training in Football, a scientific approach – by Jens Bangsbo, publisher August Krogh Institute – Copenhagen University (December 1994).
Typical Results for Yo-Yo IR1 test [Bangsbo et al. (2008)]:
Male (Soccer): International level – 2420 m; Elite level – 2190 m; Moderately trained – 1810 m
Female (Soccer) : International level – 1600 m; Elite level – 1360 m; Sub-elite – 1160 m
Want more? Want to express appreciation :). Get the pro version, which offers:
– Sophisticated group and advanced individual testing options
– Graphical analyses
– Save, export results
– Level & Shuttle voice cues
– And more
Also from this author: Beep Test