Snapchat is one of the most popular social media platforms out there, known for its short-form videos and disappearing messages. However, some users may find the 60-second time limit a bit too short for their creative needs. If you’re one of those users who want to make Snapchat videos longer than 60 seconds, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll explore some tips and tricks on how to extend your Snapchat videos beyond the 60-second limit. From using third-party apps to editing your videos in parts, we’ve got you covered. So, let’s dive in and discover the secrets to making longer Snapchat videos that will keep your followers engaged!
If you want to post videos on Snapchat longer than 60 seconds, you can use a third-party app called “StorySplitter”. Here’s how:
- Download “StorySplitter” from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Select the video you want to upload and split it into 60-second clips.
- Save each clip to your camera roll and upload them to Snapchat in order.
With “StorySplitter,” you can share longer videos on Snapchat with ease.
How to Make Snapchat Videos Longer Than 60 Seconds?
Snapchat is a popular social media platform that allows users to share short videos and photos with their followers. However, the maximum length of a Snapchat video is only 60 seconds, which can be frustrating if you have a longer video that you want to share. Thankfully, there are a few ways to make your Snapchat videos longer than 60 seconds. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the methods you can use to do this.
Method 1: Using Snapchat’s Multi-Snap Feature
Snapchat’s Multi-Snap feature allows you to record longer videos by breaking them up into multiple 10-second segments. Here’s how to use it:
1. Open Snapchat and tap on the camera icon to start recording a video.
2. Press and hold the record button to start recording the first 10-second segment of your video.
3. When you reach the end of the first segment, lift your finger off the record button. Snapchat will automatically start recording the next segment.
4. Repeat this process until you have recorded all the segments of your video.
5. Once you have recorded all the segments, Snapchat will automatically stitch them together into a single video.
Using the Multi-Snap feature is a great way to make longer Snapchat videos without having to use any third-party apps.
Method 2: Using Third-Party Apps
There are several third-party apps that allow you to record longer Snapchat videos. One of the most popular apps is called “Story Cutter for Snapchat.” Here’s how to use it:
1. Download the Story Cutter for Snapchat app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Open the app and select the video you want to upload to Snapchat.
3. Use the app to trim the video down to 60 seconds or less.
4. Save the trimmed video to your camera roll.
5. Open Snapchat and select the video from your camera roll to upload it.
While using third-party apps can be a convenient way to make longer Snapchat videos, it’s important to remember that these apps can potentially compromise your account’s security.
Method 3: Uploading Videos to Snapchat from Your Camera Roll
Another way to make longer Snapchat videos is to upload them to Snapchat from your camera roll. Here’s how to do it:
1. Open your camera roll and select the video you want to upload to Snapchat.
2. Tap the “Share” button and select “Snapchat” from the list of apps.
3. Snapchat will open and allow you to edit the video before uploading it to your story.
Uploading videos to Snapchat from your camera roll is a great way to share longer videos without having to use the Multi-Snap feature or third-party apps.
Benefits of Making Longer Snapchat Videos
Making longer Snapchat videos can have several benefits, including:
1. Allowing you to share more detailed and comprehensive content with your followers.
2. Giving you more creative control over your videos.
3. Helping you stand out from other users on the platform.
VS: Multi-Snap vs. Third-Party Apps
While both the Multi-Snap feature and third-party apps can be used to make longer Snapchat videos, there are some key differences to consider:
1. The Multi-Snap feature is built into Snapchat, so you don’t need to download any additional apps.
2. Third-party apps can potentially compromise your account’s security.
3. Using the Multi-Snap feature can be more convenient than using third-party apps, as you can edit and upload your videos directly within Snapchat.
Making longer Snapchat videos can be a great way to share more detailed and creative content with your followers. Whether you choose to use the Multi-Snap feature, third-party apps, or upload videos from your camera roll, there are several methods you can use to make your Snapchat videos longer than 60 seconds. Just remember to always prioritize your account’s security when using third-party apps and to use the method that works best for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the maximum length of a Snapchat video?
The maximum length of a Snapchat video is 60 seconds. Once you start recording a video, the app automatically stops recording after 60 seconds. However, there are ways to create longer videos on Snapchat.
One way is to record multiple 60-second videos and then upload them one after the other as a story. Another way is to use a third-party app to stitch together multiple videos into one longer video that can be uploaded to Snapchat.
2. Can I upload longer videos on Snapchat by using a third-party app?
Yes, there are several third-party apps that can be used to create longer videos on Snapchat. One popular app is called “Continual for Snapchat” which allows you to upload longer videos by splitting them into 10-second clips. Another app is called “Snap Upload” which allows you to upload pre-recorded videos from your camera roll to Snapchat.
It is important to note that using third-party apps to upload videos to Snapchat may violate Snapchat’s terms of service and could result in your account being banned. Use these apps at your own risk.
3. Is it possible to create longer videos on Snapchat without using a third-party app?
Yes, it is possible to create longer videos on Snapchat without using a third-party app. One way to do this is by creating a series of 60-second videos and uploading them one after the other as a story. Another way is to use Snapchat’s “multi-snap” feature which allows you to record up to six 10-second videos in a row and upload them as one story.
To use the multi-snap feature, simply hold down the record button for the first 10-second video, then release and hold down again for the next 10-second video, and so on. Once you have recorded all six videos, you can edit and upload them as one story.
4. Can I edit longer videos on Snapchat?
Yes, you can edit longer videos on Snapchat using the app’s built-in editing tools. Once you have uploaded your longer video as a story, you can use the editing tools to add text, stickers, filters, and more. You can also trim the length of your video if needed.
It is important to note that the editing tools on Snapchat are limited compared to other video editing apps. If you need more advanced editing features, you may need to use a third-party app to edit your video before uploading it to Snapchat.
5. How can I ensure that my longer videos on Snapchat are engaging?
To ensure that your longer videos on Snapchat are engaging, it is important to keep them interesting and interactive. Try to tell a story with your video and use visual aids like text, stickers, and filters to make it more engaging.
You can also encourage viewers to interact with your video by asking questions or using Snapchat’s “swipe up” feature to link to external content. Finally, make sure your video has a clear and concise message that viewers can take away from it.
In conclusion, making Snapchat videos longer than 60 seconds is possible with a few simple steps. By using third-party apps, you can easily stitch together multiple videos to create longer and more engaging content for your followers. Remember to keep your audience in mind and create content that is both entertaining and informative.
It is important to note that while longer videos may be beneficial for some content creators, shorter videos can also be effective in capturing the attention of your audience. Experiment with different video lengths and formats to see what works best for your brand.
Lastly, don’t forget to stay up to date with any changes or updates to Snapchat’s video capabilities. The platform is constantly evolving, and new features may become available to help enhance your video content. By staying informed and adapting to these changes, you can continue to create compelling and engaging content for your followers on Snapchat.